I QUIT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jobe05 said:
Waldo: Ask your Doctor for a perscription for Chantix. It's a wonder drug for quiting smoking. The Doctor told us that even if we wern't ready to quit, we still had an 80% chance of quiting. It has no side effects and numbs the want of wanting a smoke, or for the most part, that you even smoked in the past.... i.e. no certain "Habit" times like driving, after dinner or with that first cup of coffee. You don't even have the urge. Being around other smokers doesn't bother me at all. You should try it, it works.

Thanks jobe..I will give her a call in the morning

masta said:
jobe05 said:
Waldo: Ask your Doctor for a perscription for Chantix. It's a wonder drug for quiting smoking. The Doctor told us that even if we wern't ready to quit, we still had an 80% chance of quiting. It has no side effects and numbs the want of wanting a smoke, or for the most part, that you even smoked in the past.... i.e. no certain "Habit" times like driving, after dinner or with that first cup of coffee. You don't even have the urge. Being around other smokers doesn't bother me at all. You should try it, it works.

I worked very hard for a year on helping produce product for this drug during the clinical phase 3 trials and I heard the same thing that it worked extremely well!

Thanks Masta.....It's worth a shot.....The 6 months I was free I thought I had it made........DAMMIT !!!!

It did for a while sang..not sure what happened but I succumed and yes, the wine and food tasted a whole lot different....much better

Waldo, you know it's bad for your health-be strong yourself so you can be there to be strong for others. I'm sick watching an older relative with her battle with emphasema. She was a nurse for 40 years and now every breath is a labor for her. With all you have going on in your life, it shouldn't be hard to keep busy.

Be strong, stay strong and live long!
smiley14.gif

Don't give up Waldo, I quit several times for 6 mos. to a year or more before I was Successfull. I've been smoke free for 26 years now. Every day you do not smoke adds to your life, even the 5-6 a day is better than 2 packs, right? Never Give Up Trying, you will be successfull eventually!
Dave

Waldo:

Several things have helped me thus far, some of them are:

Start a list of the reasons why you want to quit, and add a picture next to your reason that will give you an image of what you put in writting i.e., if you wife is the reason, add a picture of her next to that reason. If it's the grand kids, add a picture of them, if it's a sickness you afraid of put a picture of a healthy person next to it. This way you have a mental image of why you are doing it, not just an idea as to why.

Other than the obvious reason (Family) for me quiting, is someone gave me the greatest give anyone could ever imagine. The owner of the company that I work for said that if I can stay off cigarettes for one year, that the company will pay for a 20 year, $1,000,000 term life insurance for me. To think that if something were to happen to me for the next 20 years, that my family would be taken care of is just incredible to me, Am I going to let my family down for a measly smoke that will probably take me away from them sooner anyways..... HELL NO!!! Even though the thought of my family being taken care of gives me some peace, it gives me greater peace knowing that there is a good chance that I won't need the insurance to take care of them, Because I'll be here to do it.

Back