How was your Father’s Day?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started the day much like every other - walking the pups. We went to one of my favorite restaurants for brunch, Mangia Qi (3 of my 5 kids were able to join us; one had to work and another lives in Oregon). Got home and took a long nap. Woke up to steaks and lobster tail on the grill. So, we cracked open a bottle of RQ French Cab. Not quite in its prime, but still very good.

Then, my wife and youngest daughter headed west overnight for a school visit in Pittsburgh this morning. My son had friends over and I lazed around watching movies until [emoji99]. All in all, a pretty good day.

So all you dads out there, how was you day?

Last edited:
I had a great Father's Day. Three of my kids live in town (Illinois) and the fourth one came in from Texas with my 2 grand daughters. We had a nice cook out at my mother's place in the country, with 3 flavors of homemade ice cream. My mother is 89 so she was thrilled to see everyone there all at once.
The day also doubled as a graduation party. My youngest daughter graduated for her Bachelors in Nursing (and is immediately starting on her Masters). One grand daughter graduated high school and has picked a college. The other grand daughter graduated her Associates Degree from her local Community College.
Send 6 bottles of my wine back to Texas.
No wine at the party for me though. I bulged some disks in my neck - so the painkillers are putting a hold on any and all wine drinking for some time. Got to get better and off the meds fast for a trip to Italy this August/September. No use going if I can't enjoy the wine while I'm there!!!!!

My wife tookme out for lunch at a nice restaurant, then walked around the town (Niagara On The Lake) for a bit, stopped in at a brewery for a 8-beer tasting flight. Got a cool StarTrek mug that the crew "beams" from one side of the mug to the other when it gets hot. Kids gave me some nice handmade cards.

Latest posts

Back