How to store LOTS of wine.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at those pictures.... looked down and I had drooled down the front of my shirt. Wow, those are so awesome! Wonder if I could get one built down through our conventional slab? :)

When deciding how to store wine, also keep in mind use and accessibility. Storing in boxes is space efficient and makes the inventory easy to move, but finding a particular wine in that huge pile could be difficult. The shelves that are designed to hold stacks of bottles are pretty efficient too, but getting a wine that is on the bottom of the pile means moving wines around. If you decide that you don't want to mix different wines together on a shelf, the efficiency of space drops dramatically.
My favorite style of wine rack is the ladder style. They are space efficient and the materials can be pretty cheap, but they take some time to build. You can easily grab any bottle out of the rack without disturbing others. Here's one that I built out of particle board.
003.jpg

If you're looking for pretty good density at a cheap price, you could always build my Skid Row Wine Rack. It too makes for easy access.
palletwineracks.jpg

You can find instructions on my website for building the Skid Row Wine Rack. Once there, clicking on the wine rack will enlarge it for you to give you better detail. Skid Row Wine Rack

Well, I had to add a cross beam going from a middle support to the other side, in order to keep the middle 2x6's from bowing too much in the middle. Used an oak 2x6 as oak is much stronger than mine. Only problem with building with rough cut oak is that it isn't as straight or as easy to put a screw through. Gotta drill them usually.

If I had a cellar like those in the floor, I'd build it to not be seen as to hide my treasure!!!:p

Latest posts

Back