WineXpert How sweet is Island Mist?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnF

Reaction score
It looks like I will not have enough time to make a white
kit for the holidays (carboy space) but I will have time for an Island Mist
kit.

Having no idea what to expect I just "sampled" a bottle of Arbor Mist
Peach Chardonnay.

At first I was a little shocked by the over the top peachy sweetness but
somehow after a few sips I started liking it a decent bit more.<!--[if gte vml 1]>

</v:ulas>

<o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/>
</v:shape>

</v:shape><![endif]-->
clip_image001.gif
<!--[if gte vml 1]>

</v:shape><![endif]-->
clip_image001.gif

Are the Island Mist kits about as sweet as this?

John F

You can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less of the F-Pack which adds the sweetness and most of the flavoring after the base wine is fermented dry.

Everyone likes my Island Mist Wildberry Schiraz kit, I just need to stir the CO2 off better in the next kit.

an excellent white wine kit is the Bourgeron Blanc (white burgundy). It has a very fruit forward flavor and requires no aging. I have recommended it a lot and everybody loves it.

The island Mist kits are based on the Arbor Mist wines. In fact, the were originally called Harbor Misr, but the name was too close.

The are a sweet wine for the summer.

I have done two Island Mist kits, White Zinfandel which everyone that has tryed likes, and a Tropical Fruits Gewürztraminer that I bottled yesterday morning. Opened one that night while coloring the wifes hair and she loves it I also feel its much better than the white.

Latest posts

Back