How should I suggest a non winermaker start into making wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
this friend is high end wine drinker, ordering wine online. He likes to try different things, mostly reds. I assume he would be willing to spend 150 to 350 to get into equipment and build a wine area.

I will certainly explain to him the need for sanitation, accuracy, patience.

I will go over briefly the process with a kit.

I think I will tell him to try two kits

one like a wine expert international that he can drink quicker and

2 an Eclipse kit and age it at least a year.

Any suggestions.

Just like you have said, the first year is the worst for patience, waiting and making, waiting and making, waiting. Then get the rewards from what you have made and money saved to buy more equipment, take over the whole room etc...

Welcom him to the obsession!!

I think you pretty much got it covered except for introducing your friend to this forum.

I would recommend that you offer to make a batch with him and keep it at you house.

The waiting for those first rewards on that first batch is HARD! Once you have a batch corked, it gets much easier. By having that first batch at your house, you remove the temptation.

Also, you can have him come over and you can show him the full process. It will put him a much better position for making the next batch by himself.

I would recommend that you offer to make a batch with him and keep it at you house.

The waiting for those first rewards on that first batch is HARD! Once you have a batch corked, it gets much easier. By having that first batch at your house, you remove the temptation.

Also, you can have him come over and you can show him the full process. It will put him a much better position for making the next batch by himself.

I may do that. thanks

I like Johns plan also

I have helped out many of people in the wine making process - either they are going to like it or it's just not for them.

Have you ever bought juice buckets in the spring or fall ?

I like Johns plan also

I have helped out many of people in the wine making process - either they are going to like it or it's just not for them.

Have you ever bought juice buckets in the spring or fall ?

No I have not Steve. Any suggestions on doing that. My friend likes high end wines. Would juice buckets generally give better wine the high end kits?

To move the temptation even further he could ship me the wine:D

Of course, it might depend on how you define "high end" but if he likes high end wines, I would certainly not recommend doing a kit. You can get high end frozen grape must.

To move the temptation even further he could ship me the wine:D

Good idea, I will be going through Villa Rica the second week of December. I will drop it off.

I am sure we can trust you not to sample it.

Although, I gotta tell you this guy is a staunch Gator!

"Although, I gotta tell you this guy is a staunch Gator!"

As a Georgia fan I have to express my support for Will Muschamp. I hope the Gators keep him for many years!

"Although, I gotta tell you this guy is a staunch Gator!"

As a Georgia fan I have to express my support for Will Muschamp. I hope the Gators keep him for many years!

I am sure you do. United Van Lines generally do not work on Sunday but they will be parked in front of his early next Sunday morning.

Latest posts

Back