RJ Spagnols how much oak is included?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokerinvite

Reaction score
Hello,

can anyone venture a guess as to how many ounces of oak chips are usually included in the bigger red kits? (barolo, amarone, california cab)

I can't find it listed anywhere in the PDF directions online

Thanks!

Hello,

can anyone venture a guess as to how many ounces of oak chips are usually included in the bigger red kits? (barolo, amarone, california cab)

I can't find it listed anywhere in the PDF directions online

Thanks!

When there have been oak CHIPS (added to primary) it has generally been 60 g.

In addition, there has often been 30 or 60 g oak CUBES for secondary/aging.

Every kit is different. I had a white kit that had more oak the some of my reds.

cheers

Yep. They are all different. Most seem to have chips/dust, and some will also have cubes for use during aging. I've had kits with as much as 90g of cubes.

This is very nice and worth the money IMHO. 50G Hungarian oak and a tea bag of American Oak (didn't weigh it)

En Primeur - Australian Chardonnay
Our Australian Chardonnay is fermented on a combination of heavy toasted Hungarian oak shavings and lightly toasted American oak chips, this supple, elegant wine boasts rich aromas of honey and tropical fruits while apples, melon and toasted oak notes tantalise the palate Oak: 3 / Body: 3 / Sweetness: 0

Cheers

Latest posts

Back