How bad did I mess up?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to try to make a batch of wine from welch's frozen concentrate. The directions called for 1 tsp per gallon of yeast nutrient. I added yeast energizer. When I realized I grabbed the wrong container I went ahead and added the nutrient too.

How bad is this going to screw me up?

I doubt you will have any problem at all. If fermentation doesn't start in the next few days, then just try another packet of yeast.

If anything you are going to have a very vigorous fermentation so you may want to keep this one a little cooler.

Yeah - will be fine - keep checking SB - as wade stated - it may be more vigorous than normal which means you may put into secondary sooner than normal.

LOL Racin, at least you didn't have the drain cleaner close by! It'll be fine though as the others have said.

We see this alot, where people have grabbed the wrong thin or aded TBLS instead of TSP's.

Yo got lucky. If you were to have added more K meta instead of energizer, you'd be done for.

Watch what you are doing when adding things, this could have been disasterous.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Back