Home made Sparkling wine tonight

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redderthebetter

Reaction score
20071201_195901_champ.JPG

Tonight the fruits of my labor was were consumed. 26 years in the USAF. We had my retirement party tonight. I had made a VR chardonnay kit that I transformed to sparkling wine for the festivity. It has been a year plus in the bottle. I've had mixed results. The first blew the top like a blasting cap. The second and third were a little less. the rest I expect the same mixed results.

This is the results I had in mind when I did thislittle project last fall. I knew that I would not produce High Q champagne right out of the chute. It was a good learning experience. The people at my retirement party tonight thought I was some sort of wine guru. Little did they know.

I want to thank Masta, PWP, Waldo, George, and the rest of the FVW crew for the inspiration and instruction on sparkling wine, making this a great retirement party.

Cheers Bro's

Man I hope the hang over doesn't suck too bad.

FYI, typing this took twice as long as it should have.

Waldo, the bread roll recipeshould be patented.

Good night

RedTB

Great job but your supposed to take the pic right after you have poured to show the magnificent sparkling foam.
7_4_13.gif

Congrats on the retirment red...That sparkling wine sure looks great

Congratulations Red on serving our country for 26 years, we thank you. I'm sure the bubbly tasted great.

So you used to fly high in the sky.... Now you can make wine and just get high!
smiley4.gif

Have fun in retirement. I bet that doesn't last long though. Everybody I know around here that retired from the USAF kept on going, just in another job. There are lots of them here too since PAFB was only a few miles away until closing. Now instead of a single unit protecting our borders there, we have the Border Patrol, Homeland Security, DEA, FBI and State Police. And then there are probably a few other secret organiztions I am not even aware of. Anyway- Glad your Bubbly turned out great.

Congrats Red.

I did the USAF ret'mt thing in '84. You're only starting, now. Time for another career or two.

Latest posts

Back