Hippie...Watch for that bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this business of being patient is killing me.
smiley19.gif
smiley36.gif

The "Grasshopper" hears and listens to the instructuion Hippie and will adhere to every bit of it.

My Blackberry continues to clear nicely. I think I am getting close to being ready to bottle it. Just have to get me some more bottles delabeled and cleaned. I had two left after this weekends Peach and Port bottling.

2005-10-23_134341_blackberry_clearing_102305.jpg

As long as it has been 4-5 weeks since the last rack and it has not dropped sediment since, you are sureit is stable,and you are satisfied with the clarity and taste. (sweetness)

It has been almost 5 weeks since last racking and has just a smidgen of sediment in the bottom Hippie. That is why it is up on the table. I am going to rack it another clean carboy tomorrowevening and let it continue to age until I can get enough bottles together and cleaned. That will be at least another couple of weeks. Edited by: Waldo

Thanks Hippie. I am wondering if any of our wiineries here in Arkansas sell their reject bottles. I could care less if they have a couple of scratches on them. I also looked for recycling but could find none.

I have no idea, though I have been there once. You are closer than I.

Bottled my Blackberry today.

2005-10-29_184320_racking_blackberry_to_fermenter_for_bottling.jpg

Was pleased with the way it tasted and the clarity of it. It will get much better with some age on it so it is going to storage as soon as I get my labels on it.

2005-10-29_184351_blackberry_sample_drawn_102905.jpg

All I had was mostly dark green bottles and for an old fart, it's difficult soem time to see when the bottle is full so I had a couple of run overs

2005-10-29_184441_blackberry_bottled_102905.jpg

Thanks Ramona. I am just anticipating a year from now when i can begin enjoying them

Waldo said:
Thanks Hippie. I am wondering if any of our wiineries here in Arkansas sell their reject bottles. I could care less if they have a couple of scratches on them. I also looked for recycling but could find none.

When we went to a winery and did tasting we found out that they can't reuse the bottles. They have all these empties from which samples are poured, but they can't use them!
smiley32.gif

PolishWineP said:
Waldo said:

When we went to a winery and did tasting we found out that they can't reuse the bottles. They have all these empties from which samples are poured, but they can't use them!
smiley32.gif

But ca they give them to you to you to "haul them off" for them
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back