Mosti Mondiale Hey George, Mosti Mondiale. price differe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshosted

Reaction score
Ok, George, what's the deal?
smiley26.gif
I have been saving my pennies to buy the Mosti Mond Amarone with Raisins and I go there, only to see a more expensive Amarone kit by MM. Now I have been folowing this for a while and thought the raisin kit was the "best". Now I see a more expensive kit. Could you tell me a little difference between the two and a little about the cost difference (I'm not ranting here, I know ingredients make the difference and ingredients cost money)

Man, should I keep saving my pennies for the 179 kit, or what? I've always thought the crushendo kits, or kits with skins dwarf all other kits (regardless of the juice....)

Hopefully you can clarify the difference for me... I have a hard time keeping up with all the different manufacturers....

Thanks,
Ryan

The one with raisons is a concentrate kit where as the Masters edition is an all juice bucket.

Ryan,

I am learning this as I go, as well. As Wade pointed out, the $179.00 version is the top end, all juice kit. It is the same kit that came in number 5 on the WineMaker Magazine list of top kits. It is called a Vintners Cellar as a lot of the Mosti kits wind up in the on-premise franchises under the name of Vintner's Cellars.

I brought the Master's in for me, but sold it to another customer. I wish I could give you more info, but for the time, I can say for certain that the WE kit is outstanding and the Mosti kits are a little more risky, just because I have not got any bottled to compare.

not to sound rude....

there is another higher Mosti amarone out there.

it's the Meglioli Limited January AMARONE KIT

this one here is sold about 200$ (here near the main plant! so if you add transportation fee OUCH)

and that is the most expensive kit out there.

it's made from the best pof the best juice and it's 23L of jucie (come with cork and labels)

i have a PDF of all the 2007 Meglioli kit (12 of them!!! 4 per month)
and i dont know how to attch it. so if someone here are good in
attching pdf to a forum send me your email via PM and i will send you
the PDF.

Oh i forgot... those 23L kit need aging to gain in perfection.

if you drink your wine the first year those 23L Mosti kits are not for you.

if you tend to drink in the second or 3rd year yu will have something more more "perfect".

In winemaking time is of the essence! :D

david quebec, please don't feel as if you high jacked the thread! We all enjoy any information you have to give. I am interested in the more expensive wine kits and appreciate all the information on them. Thanks!

So, if the limited edition comes with raisins, and costs about $25 more than I would assume it is the "best" (finally). I have to say, I'm a little discouraged about wine kits right now.

It sounds as if WE has a decent distributor that makes them more affordable, but may have to lessen quality becuase they make so much. I've noticed that with some of the lower quality WE kits that they all seem to have a similar taste (becuase of mixing I assume).

I've only done three crushendo, which are definately better and a little different (one reason I'm trying to try a different brand). But to have a kit cost 179 without raisins or skins, I have to admit I am leary of. Just becuase I have seen such improvement of having skins in kits.

Maybe someone could explain a little better. How long does the MM 179 kit macerate the skins to obtain the color? I just think that you cannot get the same tannin extractin without having alcohol present with skins/raisins.

Also, can anyone tell me are the Raisins just seedless red grapes? Or are they actually a vinifera grape that has been dehydrated?

one would think for the price they would provide much more information to you george. I mean, some on that is about $30 a gallon! Maybe I am ranting here but I expect more than two sentences from MM before I pay that kind of price.

So in the top end kit is it a blend? How much of what types of juices? Also what years were th grapes grown, what climate? How does this years differ from last years?

I have a lot of questions that never seem to be answered. I have always been okay with that, but I've not invested as much into wine either. Hopefully this rant can seem more constructive than whiney. Sorry to vent.
smiley35.gif

I just checked out Mosti's website and they are pretty vague on their descriptions.

I am trying to get information, but I am kind of the pioneer for MM kits in the U.S.

As an aside, I think the wine kit manufacturers get beat up way too often and I don't know how theyput out such a quality product for so little. Think about what grapes cost, $.25 to $1.00 per pound and up. It takes roughly 20 pounds per gallon or 120 pounds of grapes to make a 6 gallon batch. Using the low end price, the juice in a concentrate alone should cost $30.00. Add in processing, transportation, handling, overhead, etc., it amazes me that we can sell products for $2-5 per bottle.

Even at $179.00, you are getting a quality Amarone that would cost at least $30.00 per bottle in the store. I brought this product in for the wine maker with a more discriminating taste and more budget to spend. It is obviously not the run of the mill kit for everyone.

I apologize for not having more information. I hoped I would get the response I have from the MM kits, but I did not think they would be such a big item. I will have to admit that I was caught off guard and am now playing catch up. I plan to devote the February newsletter to more info on the MM kits.

I'm sorry, I keep looking on this forum for that $179.00 kit and must be missing it. Can someone open my eyes?!
smiley12.gif
smiley9.gif

<t></t><t></t><table style="width: 474px; height: 560px;" ="maintable" align="center" border="2" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0">
<t><tr><td align="center" valign="middle" width="10%"><div align="center">AJME078 </td>
<td width="10%">
%5Cimages%5Cmmaj_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="50%">

Amarone Mondiale

A
powerful red wine bursting with tree ripened fruit flavors balanced to
an unrivalled finesse. Always majestic, the nose is reminiscent of ripe
black cherries and stone fruit.

This is
Mosti Mondiale's leading product; the best that Mother Nature has to
offer! It is the Height of excellence in juice for the Home Winemaker!
</td>
<td width="10%">Mosti Mondiale - All Juice Masters Edition</td>
<td width="10%">$179.99</td>
<td width="10%">
<div align="center">$179.99 </td>
<td width="10%">

</td></tr>
</t></table>2nd one down under Reds!

Edited by: wade

Well, wade, you taught me something again. I kept going down to the bottom of the page where the pictures are of the MM and they didn't show any mm wine at that price. It had Cabernet Franc 108.99; Cabernet Sauvignon 109.99; Chardonnay etc. Thank you for directing me to the "Red"
Learn something everyday! Thanks!
smiley4.gif
smiley9.gif

George,
As a newbie are they any of they kits that I should stay away from until I have more experience? or are all the kits the same with everything included and just follow the instructions? I read so much about people adding items that don't come with the kit and not sure if this is personal taste or necessary additives. For example, I don't even have a clue what adding oak chips does to the wine or whyone would do this.

I do want to make some really fine wines but don't need to get in over my head until I know what I am doing.

The feedback seems to indicate the instructions with these kits are a little more difficult to follow than the WE kits. If that is the case, I will probably have to develop my own set of instructions to augment these kits like I did with the WE kits. These kits also take more time to age. As a result, I would probably recommend getting a few more WE kits under you belt before you tackle a MM kit.

Oak chips is an added ingredient i some of the mid to higher end kits!
It adds an oak flavor to it as Most good wines and liquors are aged in
oak barrels to get that flavor. An oak barrell also adds one more
important thing that some of us (not including me yet) will get from
barrels, this is micro-oxygenation. As far as these higher end kits
though, they are just as easy but really need to age alot, like at
least 8 months before drinking. The more juice there is the more solids
there is and therefore the more aging nit requires. Sorry to steal your
thunder George, just like answering someones questions when I feel I
have the knowledge to do so and I know that your a busy man! Ah you beat me to it anyway, good!

Edited by: wade

Thanks Wade,
Most of the time you quickly answer my questions and keep me moving forward. I wish some of you guys lived around here so you could come over and help me with these new tasks.

If my family starts working from the wish list that I have on this website George and I are going to become best friends as they help make him a ton of money. I think I copied his entire store on my wish list and of course so many things I need 2 or 3 each.

I do want to make some fine wines but will get a few WE kits under my belt before moving into the speicality stuff.

not sure I know what Oak taste like?

Latest posts

Back