Help stuck fermantation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper

Reaction score
My blackberry wine SG (1.020) is not moving since one week
smiley19.gif
, it is in a carboy 2inches from the airlock and there is bubbles coming out from he airlock. I put nutrient yeast 3 days ago and still the SG is not moving. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

What should I do, I think I need to put more yeast but do I need to rack it??

The “experts” here are probably going to want a little more info. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Original Gravity?<O:p></O:p>
Yeast type?<O:p></O:p>
Room Temp?<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>Edited by: Big Port

Room Temp 19 Celcius but I put the heat belt 2 days ago still no change, Lalvin EC-1118 Original SG is 1.075

19 c is a bit low but the heat belt should help bring the temp up.

Do you have a way to check temp of the wine itself? Every wine maker should have one of these:

I would double check the SG and if it still hasn't changed give it agood stir to wake up the yeast and see what happens in a few days.

If you see bubbles in the airlock that is a sign it is still fermenting but mighthave just slowed to a crawl.Edited by: masta

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks masta I will do it after work and let you know. Yes I can check the wine temp itself.

Caution:

When you stir it tonight go easy at first since there will be plenty of dissolved CO2 in the wine and since you are in a carboy you could end up with a blackberry volcano....just go easy!

In addition to, or in lieu of, the heat belt, you can place the carboy on a
heating pad if you have one. With heat applied to the bottom, things can
start to happen fairly quickly, like several hours on the high setting.
Watch the temp of the wine carefully.

Latest posts

Back