Hellp making bottling bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Duk

Reaction score
I'm turning my old fermenter in to a bottling bucket...Can someone look at theirs and tell me how far up from the bottom of the bucket the hole starts, and what size hole to drill....

Thanks

If you are using a standard spout a little over 1 inch from bottom. I use this.No spout needed.

<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
Manual%20fill%20jet%20animated.bmp
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="100%">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>The Buon Vino Super Automatic Bottle Filler allows for quick and easy filling of wine bottles for the home winemaker. this bottle filler is easily primed and is self-leveling and self-deactivating to help prevent accidental over-flow. The specially designed tapered tip cascades wine into the bottle. In order to fill additional bottles you need simply remove the automatic filler from the first bottle and place it into the next pushing down on the activation lever to continue the wine flow.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =Line colSpan=2 height=1>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD width="30%"></TD>
<TD id=product_code noWrap></TD></TR>
<TR id=product_weight_>
<TD width="30%"></TD>
<TD noWrap></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =ProductPriceConverting vAlign=top></TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Primary/bottling bucket here...with a hose attached and a bottling wand....No frills.

About 1" from the bottom here too....

After Primary fermentation that hight leaves the lees behind ...
Tilt the bucket when nearing end of bottling....
What is left in bucket....Pour into glass...Enjoy!!!

I drilled a 1" hole right at the point where the spigot when turned down will just clear on a table so it doesnt hit at any time even if it is down. Works well for me and like NW said just tilt the bucket to get the last goodness out.

The size of hole depends on what type of spout you got. The one I use takes a one inch hole.

Latest posts

Back