Hello....I am ....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smikes

Reaction score
Another Mike and I hale from Lakeville Pa.Thanks to numerous trips to Fingerlakes wineries, I feel the need to create wine!I started out with hard ciders and tried a Cabernet Savignon and have a strawberry fermenting and thinking about a canilope wine to make this weekend. The worse part is trying to find a cool place to store the bottles as this summer has really heated up even my basement. Wish I could build that wine cellar I saw in the cellar forum, I even have the hill to build into.But my wife has OTHER projects for me first!

Welcome Mike,
Good luck with the cellar, maybe do some of the honey doo then some of the cellar with HER favorite wine. Keep posted on the Cab, that is on my list to make.

smikes, welcome to the forum.
smiley4.gif

Welcome to the forums. Give it time and you will have that cellar dug. I just wish I could build one myself. I would have another in-ground pool if I dig though since the water table is like at the 3 foot level.
smiley19.gif

Welcome Mike. For now just try to find a spot in the house where that temp is the most stable as that is the most important as fluctuating temps are really what wreaks havoc on wine. It makes the wine expand and contract which sucks in air and breathes out which causes oxidation to your wine.

Welcome to the forum Mike....Hope you get to enjoy the hobby and are willing to stay and share on the fourm...

welcome Mike...and by the way, I love finger lakes wine. My wife
and I have started a Columbus day tradition of leaving the kids with my
folks and traveling up there for the weekend. We camp at a state
park in Watkins Glen and go to the wineries during the day. It's
a real good time. Great Riesling's up there.

Welcome to the forum Mike, have your wife visit us once in awhile, we will get those projects in the proper order!
smiley36.gif

Thanks for the welcome,and I will be sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly.
My cab sauv was started in early march, bottled in june and not expected to be sampled till December.Got 4 gallons of Strawberry fermenting as well as a gallon of mixed berry.

Believe me,as much as my wife loves wine, the backyard wine cellar I doubt will ever excist.

Latest posts

Back