Hello from the Land of Lincoln

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwulf67

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name is Martin and live in Rochester IL, a small town just outside Springfield…I have no experience at wine making, but I really think I am going to like this hobby. I’ve been planning to get in to his hobby since last year, but knew/wanted to have a dedicated space for it…one basement clean out/rearrangement, a little light construction, and diy work table later, I am finally ready to go! I have been lurking this site for quite awhile and it’s been a great source of information and knowledge….

2014-10-29 15.03.15.jpg

Welcome to wine making talk!

So what's the first wine you're going to make? I can see its a WE kit but cant make out which one.

Welcome. I see you have my hand corker there. I have corked many a bottle with that baby.

Welcome, wasn't it Lincoln that said something to the effect that if he had an hour to chop down a tree he'd spend the first 45 minutes sharpening his axe? You seem to be going about this in a thoughtful, organized and patient manner. Something tells me you'll be great at "hobby"!

Ask away once you start that kit, you'll have plenty of advice when needed.
Mike

Welcome to wine making talk!

So what's the first wine you're going to make? I can see its a WE kit but cant make out which one.

Coastal Red...my plan is once I it get this into the secondary, to turn around and buy an Island Mist kit and another carboy...my tentative plan is do the Coastal Red, an Island Mist, the WE Chard, and than another Island Mist kit...

Welcome to the forum! I always try to have at least one empty carboy on hand. That way you have something to rack into.

Welcome to the forum!

The folks here are amazing in that they will go WAY out of there way to help others! It is a true community here!

Stay close to us and do not delay in asking any question that comes to mind.

As always, we LOVE pictures. Nice looking bench!

Back