Hello from Missouri

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pberk

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, My husband and I have been making wine for about 8 yrs. now and always looking for something new to make wine from.
Working on Dandelions now.
I hope to enjoy this group for a long time.

Different wines

We have made onion, jalapeno, and green tomato. They are all very good. I have used the onion and jalapeno for cooking and pickling fish. My husband enjoys a glass of jalapeno in the evening. I'm growing beets in my garden this year, to try a batch of beet wine.
Stephanie

Maybe you should give hibiscus flower wine a try. This wine outstanding after aging 2-3yrs.

We have made onion, jalapeno, and green tomato. They are all very good. I have used the onion and jalapeno for cooking and pickling fish. My husband enjoys a glass of jalapeno in the evening. I'm growing beets in my garden this year, to try a batch of beet wine.
Stephanie

I made a beet wine in may 2007.
It is still not drinkable.
It still tastes like chewing some mud. A real earthy taste.

Each time I make a batch of wine and bottle it I bottle some mini bottles (25 cl) for tasting purposes. So I can test a wine without having to open a whole bottle.

Beet wine has to age considerably. From what I have heard at least 4 years !!! I am experiencing it myself now, but I will open a mini bottle each half year for testing.

Luc

Latest posts

Back