HELLO FROM ARIZONA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&GB

Reaction score
20071223_151239_K&ampGB.jpg
I've enjoyed reading the forum threads, especially the funny ones like the wine aging support group, and you've all been so helpful. I decided it was time to introduce my wife and myself formally.

I'm an active duty Marine, stationed in Yuma, Arizona, and Gina is a Registered Nurse, working in L&D.We've been married for 25 years, and both kids are grown. We're from the Dallas - Fort Worth area of Texas originally. Our daughter is a restaurant manager in San Diego, and our son is a Marine like his dad, stationed in NC. I've been wanting to make wine for years, but never dreamed it was possible until my daughter bought me a home winemaking kit for my birthday this past August. Since then we've started four kit wines, and I'm really enjoying the new hobby. Unfortunately, I've found that I have little patience,so I'll be leaning on the wine aging support group a lot until Spring, when the first of our wines will be ready to bottle.

I've posted a picture of Gina and I together in heaven. Okay, so it's not really heaven. It's a wine bar in Seattle, but close enough.
20071223_150909_K&ampampGB.jpg
Edited by: K&GB

Well, I tried three times to post the pic. No luck. It looks like it works, but then comes up with the big red X. Sorry.

Welcome K&GB and hope you can have the patience to hold yourself back until the wine is ready cause its worth it.

What size is the file in the way of kb's? It can be no bigger than 150kb. There also can not be any commas or apostrophes, just letters in the file name. If you have any more trouble email me by clicking on my name and send me the pic and Ill resize it for you. There is a free resizing tool by Microsoft on this forum for downloading and it does a great job and is easy to use. Her is the Link to this tool.
http://www.finevinewines.com/Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2514

Thanks Wade. I resized it the first time, but the file name is K&GB. Maybe the "&" is thr trouble. Here goes another try.

20071223_162130_KGB.jpg

Welcome K&GB.

Glad to have you here!!! Husbands and wives make great teams for wine making....we met some great wine couples at Winestock 2007. Hope you enjoy the forum and can be there at Winestock 2008!!

Ramona

K & GB, I am from AZ also. Retired Army. Flying/instructing soldiers on the Predator A here in SE AZ. Welcome and awesome to see you making wine. Patience is not one of my virtues either. haha But in this hobby I am thinking you need alot of it.

Merry Christmas to you both!!

uavwmn said:
K & GB, I am from AZ also. Retired Army. Flying/instructing soldiers on the Predator A here in SE AZ. Welcome and awesome to see you making wine. Patience is not one of my virtues either. haha But in this hobby I am thinking you need alot of it.

Merry Christmas to you both!!

That sounds so cool uavwmn! Imagine flying those giant RC planes. Did you actually instruct the soldiers on their use?

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear that you are bulk aging. It helps keep the wine from being consumed (drink, drank, drunk,
smiley5.gif
it was weird) too soon.

Thanks Ramona. Where is Winestock held and when?

UAVWMN, do you work at YPG? I've been meaning to explore out that way but haven't gotten to it yet.

Thanks PolishWineP. Don't tell anyone, but I'm splitting the Sauv Blanc (7 weeks old). Just can't wait any longer. I'll age half in a 3-gal carboy until spring, but we're going tobottle the rest today with my daughter and her fiance,... if they ever show up...lol. I see some bitartrate crystals in the bottom of the carboy, so I expect a few in the bottles, but I can accept that flaw in exchange for the fun of early bottling.We're bulkaging a Cab and a Sangiovese, and we also have a Viognier that's stubbornly resisting clarification. The Sauv Blanc and Viognier should make good summer wines, but I plan to keep aging the two reds until next winter.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Ken and Gina

HI welcome to the club. Yall are lucky to have a wine bar in your town my wife would love it. I bet its a very reeelaxed enviroment.

Hi Kaluba. No, we don't have a wine bar in "lovely" Yuma, AZ. That picture was taken in the spring while we were on a wine tour of Oregon and Washington.

Back