Hawaiian Style Chicken Breast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I decided yesterday to give the Hawaiian Grilled chicken breast a run as everyone seems to love thm. IMade up my marinade which consisted of Pineapple juice, lime juice,cooking oil, ginger, powdered garlic, dried mustard and pepper. It was brought to a boil, let simmer for about 5 minutes and then poured out over the chicken breast.

IMG_3366.jpg

They were marinated in the fridge for a couple of hours and then it was off to the grill with them

IMG_3367.jpg

Next came the addition of pineapple rings to the grill

IMG_3368.jpg

Grilled the rings then placed them off heat until the chicken was done and then added them to the chicken just before it was ready to come off the grill

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

I also made up a baste or dipto be served with the chicken from crushed pineapple, sour cream and pina coloda mix.
No more pictures avaliable as my camera batteries went "ppop" on me. I had made up a sangria to serve with the meal that was really a great pairing with the chicken and steamed veggies.

Looks yummy!
What no wine in the marinade?
smiley20.gif

Now that is a delectable and delicious looking dish Waldo! Well done. The sangria must have just been the finishing touch.

Bet it would go great with the Banana Pineapple Viognier.
VPC

That looks great.

Any change of getting the recipe for the marinade?

Waldo, looks great! Think I'll have to try that on the grill this weekend.

Thanks all........have not found anyone yet that did not just love them fixed this way.

vcasey, I bet that Banana Pineapple Viognier would be fantastic with it.

Bob73 said:
That looks great.

Any change of getting the recipe for the marinade?

Sorry...Missed this post earlier:

<DIV style="PADDING-LEFT: 20px; COLOR: black">6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
3/4c. unsweetened pineapple juice
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground pepper

<DIV style="COLOR: #772222">Combine in saucepan all ingredients except chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Let cool, pour over chicken which has been placed in a shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or more, remove chicken from sauce, cook on grill about 20 minutes. Baste while cooking.

Back