Have been busy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corn field

Reaction score
Haven't been on line a lot lately. Step-son was here for a week then had to overhall the computer which took 3 days because it was so messed up. then a lot of frute was ready for picking. I am also appling for a Ventors license (lots of paper work). Crab apples are at their peek now, Pears will be ready in about 2 weeks, Apples are in now and the Concords are ready.This is the best year I have seen in several years for concords. So far I have picked and destimed 136 lbs of them all by hand. They are in the freezer right now. They are not riponing at the same time so have to be very selective in picking, also having problem with them splitting due to too much water. There is probably at least another 150 lbs still on the vines that are riponing very slow. Should have pruned more of the canopy. We are supposed to have another 8 days of full sun so it should speed things up. With inventory getting low need to start ferminting. Here is the list of things I have ready to fermint
Mulberry
Jalapino
choke cherry
crab apple
wild grapes
dried hibiscus
dried day lillies
concord
with the apples and pears comming on I should be busy all winter. Plus I will be remodling my wood working shop to a winery and redoing a storage shed to a wood working shop. Good thing I am retired.

Ron you have been a busy man, good luck on the vendors license. From wood shop to winery, storage shed to wood shop, where is the storage shed going to be???

I see a road trip when things get all set up
smiley1.gif

Scott; It will be a limited production winery with mostly country wines. Enough winerys around to produce the grape wines ,doesn't meen that I won't make any grape wines though. I will be limited to 300 to 500 gallons a year. Most wines will be in either 10gallon or 30 gallon batches. Both buldings are on the property where the house is. It will probably be a year before every thing is finished because I will be doing most of the work . The wood working shop is already insulated just needs paneling put up.

Looks like you must have some full freezers.....

Keep us Posted as you make your wines....

Your building projects will be fun to watch....We love pictures!!!!!!

Not to change the subject, but I just tried some of the strawberry chocolate for the first time. It is just 6 months old so it still needs more age. Pretty good so far. It certainly has a different taste. Not bad though!! I posted it here because this is Cornfield's recipe!!Edited by: hannabarn

Yes Wade that is why there is a large swing in quanity. Of course I have my favorites and I make more of them.

Latest posts

Back