Harvest Times, Grape Delivery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
I don't buy directly from Musto, as they're too far from me. But they buy Lanza grapes, as I do. I used Musto's harvest updates as a guide to plan for when my grapes would be in last year and it was pretty spot on. Thought I'd share what I received from them today:

Central Valley & Lodi

Brix are in the high teens. We are expecting the grapes to arrive in Hartford, CT as early as September 7th.

Suisun Valley, Paso Robles, Contra Costa, Amador, Sonoma, and Napa

The whites will be harvested on September 1st and should be to Hartford, CT by September 7th. The red grapes are maturing well. The Brix are getting higher with each passing day. We think that we are still on track for the grapes to arrive in Hartford, CT as early as September 20th.

Here in Israel, they're available already. However, I want to wait until later in the season, I want a "late harvest" batch...

Here are the brix in our community vineyard in the Sierra Nevada AVA, about an hour north of Lodi.

8/2 8/10
Grenache 20.8 22.8
Petite Syrah 20.4 22.5
Cab Franc 19.7 20.5
Mourvedere 18.7 21.4

Here are the brix in our community vineyard in the Sierra Nevada AVA, about an hour north of Lodi.

8/2 8/10
Grenache 20.8 22.8
Petite Syrah 20.4 22.5
Cab Franc 19.7 20.5
Mourvedere 18.7 21.4

Getting close!!!

Back