Happy Thanksgiving! What wine did you serve with your meal?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Reaction score
Nine months ago I started a batch of apple pie wine with this meal in mind. MMMMM
Very nice Thanksgiving. Time for a nap by the fireplace.

I started with a saison beer that I made, but the flavors were just a bit strong for the meal so I switched to my liebfraumilch. Turkey with all the fixings...I'm still full!

I brought 3 bottles with me. Apple, strawberry and currant. My sis's boy opened the apple, poured a little in a glass and took a small sip. "Wow, that's good." None of the 3 lasted long enough to make it to the dinner table. Just bragging a bit. LOL, Arne.

I'm glad you asked :) having only 3 of us I decided to smoke a couple Turkey Breasts in my Kamado Grill. Because of this I didn't want to serve my AUSSIE chard (oak) so i broke out my 2 Pinot's (Nior and grigio) Best Thanksgiving giving meal I've ever done. I finished the meal with a bottle of 2007 rieussec (sauternes). I LOVED IT but the wife and daughter...Not so much :ft that will be my favorite leftover :)

Turkey and fixin's scream for Gewurztraminer, in my opinion. I also poured a MM Renaissance Impressions Amarone. I know, it should be way to big for turkey, unfortunately it isn't. The Amarone is quite disappointing.

Latest posts

Back