Happy Mothers Day!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A little late, but happy mothers day to all the mothers out there.

For my mom, I wanted to simply take her to brunch. Mom reminded me that we tried this in the past and never really had a good time. Every place is packed, overpriced, and we were always constantly rushed by the waiters who were desperate to turn tables.

So, instead, I offered to come to her house and cook breakfast for everyone. Perfect Idea!

I ran to the grocer's at 7:30am, was at her house by 9am, and cooked breakfast for 7.

I started with a tub of sliced fruit and nice fresh croissants. This was nice, immediate "open and serve" food that bought me time so that I could cook the main breakfast. the croissants really went well with my home made cherry jam.

I fried 1.75 pounds of bacon, rendering the fat.
I then fried up 4 pounds of diced potatoes in the bacon fat (I have a HUGE skillet)
Once the potatoes were GBD on the outside, and fluffy on the inside, I removed them and drained the fat.

I then whipped up 20 eggs with the bacon, a fist of finely sliced basil, a shot of water, a shot of tobasco, salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Basil, bacon, and eggs!!! if you have never tried it, you should.

I also gave mom a nice bouquet of pink/yellow roses. After the meal, the wife an I washed every dish and left the kitchen clean then we found it.

OK, mothers.. Let me ask... Am I A good son or what!!!!

Latest posts

Back