GREETINGS FROM THE NORTH

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to this........
2006-02-24_093239_winter.jpg

The bird bath is getting shorter by the hour....
I'm going back to bed and dream of summer...
2006-02-24_093359_MAZE_BED.jpg

Wake me when the roses are blooming.....
2006-02-24_093453_Roses.jpg

We have the city version of that! And darn, our county appointment for this afternoon has been cancelled b/c she can't get here! Oh darn! Guess I'll have to start some beer or something!
smiley15.gif
smiley32.gif

What an awesome sight w/ all that snow. We have....brown grass... Edited by: Funky Fish

Northern.............is that your property!!!! That is so beautiful!! In any kind of weather!!!!

Ramona

rgecaprock said:
Northern.............is that your property!!!!  That is so beautiful!!   In any kind of weather!!!!

Ramona
Thanks Ramona...it is our little farm....in 2002 I started my new yard, took a couple acres out of the field..... so it is still a work in progrees...love it too and enjoy making a virtual computer plan become a reality.
Seems winter storms pass...today is sunny and bright, meeting some friends in a nearby town to watch 'Logging Days' with horses, should be a fun afternoon...but Baby it's cold out there, so have to bundle up....
2006-02-25_101711_cold.gif
2006-02-25_101729_cold_2.gif

We have green grass (and rain) and a bunch of boys scouts on campus. I
have 21 boy scouts doing their computer merit badges.
smiley1.gif

When you hear all the junk about kids these days, it is good to see bright
interested and respectful kids and work with them for a little while.

Hey Peter......Ask them if they know Marine Lt. General Rienwald. He had a bunch of Scouts at his base and was being interviewed on radio about it. Went something to the effect of:

This is an extract of an National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Army Lieutenant General Reinwald about sponsoring a Boy Scout Troop on his military installation.

Interviewer: "So, LTG Reinwald, what are you going to do with these young boys on their adventure holiday?"

LTG Reinwald: "We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting."

Interviewer: "Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the range."

Interviewer: "Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see how, we will be teaching them proper range discipline before they even touch a firearm."

Interviewer: "But you're equipping them to become violent killers."

LTG Reinwald: "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?"

End of the interview

We are getting rain here today. Me and the Missus was going to float the river today but backed out because of the rain.Edited by: Waldo

That's a good one Waldo! I would give just about anything to live in the north. This city is getting to be too much!! I'm going to have to find a nature spot here soon or I'm going to go crazy!! Thank goodness for the doves and the squirrels on the balcony!!

Ramona

Peter,

My "able assistant" shown elsewhere on this site, just got his Life and is on the way to Eagle.

And, although B-M-W has the better view, since I'm in "the city," I thought you'd want to see what I look at with coffee each morning. This was a couple hours ago, 12F this morning but already above 32F.(That's our ski area, Montana Snow Bowl, in the distance.)

Ramona...I'm sure it's WARMER in south Texas!

2006-02-25_144139_FebViewThmb.jpg

rgecaprock said:
That's a good one Waldo!  I would give just about anything to live in the north. This city is getting to be too much!!  I'm going to have to find a nature spot here soon or I'm going to go crazy!!  Thank goodness for the doves and the squirrels on the balcony!!

Ramona

Ramona...I was trapped in a city for awhile too, just wanted to get back to the country...at times thought it would never happen...
When you want something bad enough you'll get it...it might take time....but you'll get your piece of the Earth....like a fine wine...just will take some time...You'll get there..
smiley1.gif

Great pictures and good view OilnH20
smiley1.gif
I spent the weekend snowmobiling in the Beartooth Mountain Range there is a lot of snow up there. The drifts and piles of snow in Cooke City was up to the eves of the houses.

I spent 4 years as the district ranger at Old Faithful...so I know VERY well about that "up-to-the-eaves" snow! My only regret is that I didn't know how to make wine then!
smiley36.gif

Great pics, I'm looking out the window at into my neighbors house.

ho hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

NW,

I grew up in the hills of Eastern KY, and the view was much like your's only in miniture
smiley36.gif
. I couldn't wait to get away, and nowthe only thing I can see out my windows are other homes
smiley19.gif
. Now when I go back to KY I'm taking pictures
smiley5.gif

Latest posts

Back