Great Value Juice Blend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROOT

Bold Novice
Reaction score
I Came across a great deal on some cases of Walmart Canada juice , it is a Cherry flavored blend of four juices Grape Pear apple and Cherry.

I got 16 gallons for $2.00 a gallon so even though it is really good as just juice I want to ferment it and make it better, can anyone give me some advice or point me to a recipe ?

I will also be starting another batch of Loquat after our last batch was lacking as noted in My intro, here is were we started it, I never came back to show more pictures but other than that slight off taste I sensed everyone loved it and it was very pretty. woops no links allowed just yet thank goodness I used the back button I hate losing a lot of typing.

You could use any basic fruit wine recipe. Pectic enzyme. nutrient. Maybe acid blend. Yeast. Just make sure there is no pot. sorbate in there.

Sweeten to @ 1.080

Check our recipe section on the home page.

Ok, I guess I don't understand what the peptic enzyme does, why would I use it when there is no fruit .

The enzyme will break down the cell structure so the yeast can feed upon the sugars easier. Not an absolute necessity but it will help.

The enzyme will break down the cell structure so the yeast can feed upon the sugars easier. Not an absolute necessity but it will help.
but there is no cell structure in commercial juice is there ?
My friend at flagler spirits the commercial producer here says he uses a lot more yeast and fermentation is very rapid, do you think that using multiple packages of yeast would have benefits ?
Reading about the types of yeast and maltic Acid I am unsure if I should add more maltic acid in the beginning I do want it to have a bit of tartness.

I believe there is cell structure in juice. The P. E. releases the sugar from the cells. Adding extra yeast isn't necessary normally as they reproduce quickly.

The P. E. has other benefits too.

Well I am down to my last gallon of this out of 5 . It is incredibly good and the (expired) pre aged juice made for some wonderful flavors .

I am not sure if I mentioned it in anotherthread or here but I also took a # 10 can of strawberry jam that was expired put a little water with it and heated it on the stove till I got a medium bodied thickness and let it sit over night with peptic enzyme and the wine came out sparkling clear. It did stall a bit and slowed down to a creep but it certinly kept working for a long time I would guess it to be about 18% we may never know In total it was a tuti fruity year 5 gal each of strawberry banana Jap, plum and this cherry. the cloudy one there was in the fridge I think I took that back in November before thanksgiving

2013-10-26 11.18.45.jpg

Latest posts

Back