Mosti Mondiale Great on the 13th day?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimCook

Reaction score
I have read articles that tested how wine lasted when partially left in the bottle comparing methods like leaving a cork in the bottle and sticking it in the fridge to using a VacuVin, etc. Generally, these articles note that no wine can last three days on the counter with a cork in it. Well, I have to question what kind of wine these self-proclaimed testers are using. Using nothing more than a cork and a bottle sitting on the counter, my MM AJ Montepulciano was tasting dandy last night after being opened thirteen days ago and being sampled at least every other day. Tonight, the wine will be finished.

For anyone that is concerned about the staying power of their kit wine, go ahead and risk a bottle - you might just be surprised with the results. I can also note with confidence that of the three bottles that I have tested in this fashion, the Montepulciano seemed okay at first and then declined and now has risen back up. Wine is such a wonderfully complex beast, isn't it?

All hail the mighty power of home winemaking crossed with experimentation!

- Jim

I too have had bottles open at least 10 days and the wine showed no signs of decline.

BOB

Had friends over for a wine and cheese party last Saturday night, opened 7 different wines (and a few duplicates)
smiley2.gif
, left a Merlot on the counter with a vacuvin stopper and a Gewurz and Zin in the frig, 1 with the cork in it and the other with pour spout in it.... they treated me OK and still had a punch to them till they were properly disposed of last night
smiley4.gif

I've had success with both cork and vacu vin bet the vacu vin did maintain it longer

Latest posts

Back