RJ Spagnols Grand Cru Pinot Grigio - adding Peach Nectar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartman

Reaction score
I have one of the, ahem, less expensive Pinot Grigio kits (10 L concentrate) I am about to start, and want to add some Peach to it. Not sweet, syrupy peach, but a more subtle peach flavor. Rather than making an f-pack out of several pounds of currently-expensive fresh peaches, I plan to add two-three 12 oz. cans of peach nectar to the primary, replacing an equal volume of water so it is still 22.5-23 L total.

I am expecting the Peach nectar to ferment along with the juice, so it should raise the ABV to a small degree and provide the desired peach flavor. Are there any problems or issues with this approach that I have missed?

I don't recall seeing any posts regarding using cans of fruit nectar; even though it may not be the highest quality flavoring (compared to fresh fruit), I think it will be better than simply adding the chemical-y tasting peach flavoring at the end.

I can't speak to using nectar, other than to agree that it would be way better than adding peach flavoring. I think peach and pinot grigio would be a great combination though - I made a peach chenin blanc last year and it was one of my best wines ever. 'Hope your experiment turns out great too!

I just bought this same kit yesterday. Haven't started it yet and don't plan to start it for a couple of weeks. So, your question and plan interests me quite a bit. This will only be my third kit, so I don't have any opinion, knowledge or advise to add. But I am curious to hear what the experienced wine makers have to say about this.

Just make sure the peach nectar doesn't have any preservatives like K-sorbate in it.

Latest posts

Back