Gran Cru Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSIJon

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes. So my wife wanted a Reisling kit, and I picked up a Gran Cru Reisling 28 day kit. We followed the kit directions very well. The directions stated that the wine needed to age for at least 2-3 months. So being a little eager because this was our first kit, we opened the first bottle last night after 2 months. The wine is crystal clear and had a very nice aroma to it, but the taste...well not so impressive. It was just a little blah. No real flavor. There was not fizz and visually was great. Do these kits get any better than this? Did I not wait long enough? Did I do something wrong? It was just a little dissapointing. Anyone have any advice to give?

Thanks,

Jonathan

The smaller kits can be dissapointing some to many people. I myself would not recommend one to anybldy but if I did it would be a white wine and not a red. The smaller red kits just fall flat where as the whites can be decent some times. It may come around more as even the whites will get better with time. Let it sit in your cellar for some time.

Now when you mention smaller kits, are you talking about the amount of juice that comes in the kit compared to the amount of water you have to add. We are wanting to make a Pinot Grigio, which woul you prefer?

Yes and the bigger kits that contain 16 liters of juice or an All juice bucket like Mosti Mondiale makes always produces a better wine IMO. Pinot Grigio is not one of my favorite wines so I cant help on this one. Fesh juice buckets atre available at this time of year though and I know when I was picking up grapes yeasterday that someone was walking out with a fresh Mosti bucket of that. In fact it was a friend of mine that I hadnt seen in awhile.

Good to know, thank you. I will keep all of that in mind when picking one, but it will be about a month till I get one.

Latest posts

Back