Gotta love craiglist

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big-al

Big Al
Reaction score
In the last couple of months I have scored the following:

Someone who has bottles cleaned and delabeled bottles for $4 per case in a box ( 50 miles away, but I drive around at my job)

RJ Spagnols Grand Cru Wine Making Kit (malbec) for $40.

On Friday 4 carboys (5 gallon Mexican made) for $40.

I check daily and act quickly.

Nice! Craigslist has been kind to many of us, now I have to go check our local CL...LOL

Wow! You did do well. Might have to start checking the list myself. What search criteria/key words do you use to find such stuff?

I just did a head count of my carboys....
18 - 6 Gallon carboys
8 -5 Gallon carboys
3- 3 Gallon carboys
Even though I currently have 15 assorted carboys filled, I think that my wife would kick my arse if I get anymore....BUT...that won't stop me from buying these, check out this listing:
Four 5 gallon glass carboy and brewing supplies - $30
Four glass 5 gallon carboys, two with metal handles, and assorted homebrewing supplies, including bottle capper and brewing thermometer. $30 takes it all.

Last edited:
Tom, you're in an awesome position. I always said they quit counting after about nine or ten and it's easy to start bringing them in after that unoticed.

Lol ,so true Dan. My husband doesn't even notice when I smuggle a few more in :):)

At it again, a another craiglist score!
:db
scored (3) new 6 gal. ltalian glass carboys w/handles, assorted stoppers and carboy brush.

The gentlemen who me this makes 15 gal batches and decided that he wanted a single container vs. 3. He just wanted to get rid of the carboys.

My lucky day.

If you need equipment check craiglist regularly, you never know what comes your way.

Now I need to get rid of some 5 gal. carboys.

At it again, a another craiglist score!
:db
scored (3) new 6 gal. ltalian glass carboys w/handles, assorted stoppers and carboy brush.

The gentlemen who me this makes 15 gal batches and decided that he wanted a single container vs. 3. He just wanted to get rid of the carboys.

My lucky day.

If you need equipment check craiglist regularly, you never know what comes your way.

Now I need to get rid of some 5 gal. carboys.

Good score!

FYI... My Italian "6 gallon carboys" (actually labeled on the box as 23L) are all closer to 6.5 gallons than 6. Not a problem for me because of the way I've come to use them but when I used to use them for bulk aging topping off was always something that needed special attention.

Tom, you're in an awesome position. I always said they quit counting after about nine or ten and it's easy to start bringing them in after that unoticed.

For you too Kim,,,,
So you would like to think!!! For the investigative mind, "if they're empty, they must be new :ft"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back