Glass wine cabinet?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House

Planning First Cellar
Reaction score
Has anyone made a glass wine cabinet? What I am planning will have a concrete basement floor (covered with something), ceiling and one wall will be insulated and drywalled. The two short walls and one long wall will be glass, floor to ceiling. My dimensions will be approximately 9'h x 6'w x 2'd. It won't be a true cellar to walk-in, just big enough for about 360 normal bottles max hung on the wall laying on their side, with reach in access through a glass door. I've seen lots of pictures of this type of a wine cellar online and in restaurants, anyone have experience building one of their own?

At the risk of over stating the obvious, just make sure the glass is thick enough to support the weight of the bottles. Do you have any pictures of what you are trying to design?

Well, I've gotten three proposals and all were pretty similar in cost for the glass installation: $5-6k. Ouch.

So I am redesigning the basement renovation to provide for a traditional cellar - I can probably get a space around 8' x 4' with a 9' ceiling. This will provide more storage than my original glass design, and come in at a total cost lower than the glass design. I can do much of the construction on the traditional cellar myself, and will use traditional redwood racking in a variety of forms to support flexible storage.

Cheers,
Thomas

Latest posts

Back