Fruit Combinations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi In The Pines

Reaction score
OK, heres a question for the Oldies here in the forum. Not oldie as in age, but experience.

I just vac sealed some peaches, blueberries, nectarines, champaigne grapes, and a 1lb. bag of mangos.

What would be some good combinations to use to make some decent wine?? Or are they just as good by themselves? The mangos, I thought I could use as an accent.

hmmm...

good question, Hi.... Peaches and nectarines are probably pretty similar, which might make a good wine together, depending on how much you've got.

Champange grapes? Probably good for body with the mangos, which can be quite thin.

The blueberries are great by themselves, and would suggest you make just a blueberry wine by itself.

It all depends on, however, how much you've got of each. Keep in mind, you need 2-3 pounds of fruit for a wine. 2 if you like your wines a little lighter in taste, and 3 to even 4 pounds if you like your wines really heavy.

Just my opinion, I am sure there are plenty of others around out there!

Martina

Thanks, Martina

I have about 3-4 pounds of each, except the mango. I only have 1 pound of that. I just found out that the Champagne Grapes are also called, Zante Currant or Black Corinth, both from Greece.

Put it all together and make a 5 gallon batch! Sounds like the makings for a nice blush!

smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back