Mosti Mondiale Frozen from George

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand new product so nobody has any experience at the moment. Should end up with the same as any other kit since it is starting off with 23L of juice and 9lbs of crushed grapes mixed in.

This is a frozen pail and depending on how frozen they arrive George may be able to turn around and ship them back out to anyone in a one or perhaps two day shipping radius from Dallas. Won't know till after this year though.

ibglowin said:
Brand new product so nobody has any experience at the moment. Should end up with the same as any other kit since it is starting off with 23L of juice and 9lbs of crushed grapes mixed in.

So, you think it's going to be more like a kit?

I was thinking it would be like buying frozen must from somewhere else.

It's a 4 hour drive, but I don't want to do the for juice with a grape pack.

Since this is a new product, just give George a call. You'll get better answers this us just guessing and then you can pass on the details for those that happen to be local to the Dallas area or at least don't mind a drive.

I believe he is also selling fresh juice or grapes (or both) from Cali. Not a kit, but again just give him a call and the nice folks there will be glad to help.

Nope. Not like a kit at all. Its fresh juice that has not been messed with or stabilized. You will need to have an acid kit, pH meter to check the TA and pH and perhaps adjust. You more than likely would need to do a MLF on it after fermentation is complete as well.

rhoffart said:

So, you think it's going to be more like a kit?

I was thinking it would be like buying frozen must from somewhere else.

It's a 4 hour drive, but I don't want to do the for juice with a grape pack.

ibglowin said:
Brand new product so nobody has any experience at the moment. Should end up with the same as any other kit

Sorry ... my brain locked on to this part of your comment only

I'm a little concerned that this isn't true grape juice with skins from the same place. Here is a copy and paste from their site. What do you think?

"Mosti Mondiale’s Sonoma Edition is a unique product that provides home winemakers with both fresh refrigerated grape juice along with frozen grape skins. Sourced from both Yakima Valley, Washington and Sonoma, California, this perfect union takes each winemaker to the heart of wine country to experience winemaking like never before. The fresh grape juice presents pleasing tasting notes that will not disappoint while the introduction of frozen grape skins guarantees for a full bodied wine experience."

I got a call into George ...

My bet is on juice from California and grape pack/skins from WA State.

If I wasn't already getting 800lbs of fresh grapes I would probably go for a couple of those.

I would prefer the juice came from WA state as well!

It looks like it tells you where the juice is from (right after the varietal) just not the grapes. Again ask George cause I'm just guessing. The only reason I would not go for these is because I would rather pick my own yeast. These should make a very nice wine and will give you time to research sourcing some fresh juice or grapes for next year since it looks like the fresh grape cut off was 9/5.

250lbs Cab Sauv
250lbs Merlot
100lbs Cab Franc
100lbs Petite Verdot
100lbs Malbec

Should keep me busy for awhile!

Ok, got some feedback from George ... sounding better

"It is frozen must with the grapes added back. The must and the grapes come from the same place, but it is more economical for Mosti to ship juice than grapes. As such, they press most of the grapes into juice. Then they ship the juice and some of the grapes to Mosti to re-combine.

I have not tried this product before. Nino, the president of Mosti, is very proud of this product, so I am expecting a very good wine."

Oh, and I asked about the finished wine quantity ...

"Right at 6 gallons or a touch more due to the grape pack."

ibglowin said:
250lbs Cab Sauv
250lbs Merlot
100lbs Cab Franc
100lbs Petite Verdot
100lbs Malbec

Should keep me busy for awhile!

How much finished wine are you expecting from 100 lbs of grapes?

Mike - can you share your source? I'd like to move to grapes some day - Wayne

This year I am buying from George (and driving to Dallas to pick up) because of the poor harvest down South in my own state. Next year I should be fine. I am working hard to cultivate friendships and networking with the local commercial winemakers so I hope to move up in the wine making food chain so to speak!
smiley36.gif

Wayne, I live in Fla as well and buy my juice and grapes from Pardo Wine Grapes. It's Cali grapes & juice and usually they list what is available in July or August of that year. But do talk to local wineries because many will let you go pick once they are finished for the year. Also talk to your local HBS because they may also either be shipping some in or know who is.

Back