From the southern tip of Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am Josh. I have been studying culinary arts for the last couple of years and have just recently decided to add grapes to my garden. I live in an environment that is not ideal for them and thought I could learn some from you guys, and share some of the tricks that I find out on the way. I do not drink, but I cook with wine regularly. Hopefully this is enough to keep me from being banned from the forum.

Maybe I should clarify this and say that I have been studying culinary arts on my own for a while. I did not want to pay for school, so I purchase the text books and teach myself.

Welcome Josh. I will say that a great deal of the subtlety and intrigue that surrounds wine is only appreciable when you smell, drink and appreciate various wines for what they are (and what they aren't). While you certainly won't be banned from the forum, I doubt wine-making will be as enjoyable to you if you don't drink 'the fruits of your labor' compared to those of us who do.

Back