Forming a group to buy southern Oregon tempranillo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthocyanin

Reaction score
Inspired by @jpcart's post for forming a Sonoma zinfandel group. I'm in a similar position trying to track down a small amount of Tempranillo from southern Oregon. I've contacted a vineyard who said they would try to work something out (suggested trying to tack on my tiny grape order to one of their commercial customers nearby), but I get a feeling my ~140 lb I'm interested in is too small to be worth their while. They did say they have sold in as low as 1/4 ton quantities in the past, so if we could get a group of just 3 or so we could probably get an order in. And maybe I could convince Home Fermenter in Eugene or U Ferment in Medford to be a rendesvous point. Though I've never organized something like this before so we'll see :)

Last edited:
Inspired by @jpcart's post for forming a Sonoma zinfandel group. I'm in a similar position trying to track down a small amount of Tempranillo from southern Oregon. I've contacted a vineyard who said they would try to work something out (suggested trying to tack on my tiny grape order to one of their commercial customers nearby), but I get a feeling my ~140 lb I'm interested in is too small to be worth their while. They did say they have sold in as low as 1/4 ton quantities in the past, so if we could get a group of just 3 or so we could probably get an order in. And maybe I could convince Home Fermenter in Eugene or U Ferment in Medford to be a rendesvous point. Though I've never organized something like this before so we'll see :)
Thanks for the shoutout! I may actually have a lead for you on Oregon tempranillo, will check in and let you know.

Latest posts

Back