Forgot to add my fruit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I somehow forgot that I had not added my fruit to my wine base before I filtered! Can it be added now? Please help lol

I guess I need more information. I assume the wine has competed fermentation and is clear, also you have filtered it. you want to add fruit to accomplish what task? have you added sorbate and K-meta?

I guess I need more information. I assume the wine has competed fermentation and is clear, also you have filtered it. you want to add fruit to accomplish what task? have you added sorbate and K-meta?
This is a kit wine, and yes everything had been done. Fruit additive was just overlooked. Rushing. Not paying enough attention. Looking at Wrong paperwork. A variety of mistakes unfortunately

Yes. This is a wine based fruit wine, and has been filtered and actually I bottled it! Tested alcohol content. Then tasted wine and realized I made the mistake! What an error!! .

is this a Island Mist or similar wine? since it is bottled and sorbate added your first step is to open all the bottles and return to carboy then add fruit pack. at best the fruit flavor may be added over time. I am inclined to suggest calling the kit supplier and asking there opinion. it may be a waste of time.

Back