First Try at Strawberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah , I noticed the strawberrys were very, very juicy . I have probably screwed up this batch , but I like your idea of pressing the bag every day or so to get the contents down to 1/8 of what you start with. It's logical now that I remember all the juice.
I'm going to finish mine off ( pour out of the fermenter) by the end of the month. I have 2 containers going so I'll see how the first one goes ..
I originally got this recipe from a site saying how to make pineapple wine , I could probably have pressed then if they were in a bag also..
Thanks for your tips .. great stuff
Neil

i would grab a piece of tubing and siphon it so you arent pulling a ton of the heavy gross lee's out of the bottom. if you keep the racking cane or tubing in about the center of the wine from top to bottom you will miss most of the seeds as well. I noticed some of the seeds floating on top of mine.

Thanks , I do have one of those siphon things I bought when starting out . I tried it once and made a mess everywhere , but I think it will work better if I'm just siphoning from one pail to another, and not into a bunch of bottles . I try it in a couple of weeks .

for sure, you need the bottle filler piece to do bottles somewhat cleanly

Latest posts

Back