First timer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spidey

Junior
Reaction score
First time wine maker using Vintners Best Dandelion Base. Label says after one week wine should be clear.
Mine isn’t. I’m wondering if it means clear like apple juice?

Welcome to WMT!

The wine will probably look more like apple juice; it will not be clear like water.

I suggest you read the following post, which will walk you through the process and explain a lot of details. It will probably take 10-15 minutes to read.

https://wine.bkfazekas.com/basic-winemaking-process/
I've also written some deep-dives into the winemaking process. For your needs, the Chardonnay post will probably be more useful at this time.

https://wine.bkfazekas.com/2021-finer-wine-kits-chardonnay-in-detail/

Hey there,

When the label mentions that the wine should be "clear" after one week, it's likely referring to a visual clarity similar to apple juice. However, keep in mind that different wines can have varying degrees of clarity, depending on the ingredients and the winemaking process.

Dandelion wine, like other homemade wines, might take a bit longer to achieve perfect clarity. Factors like sediment settling, yeast activity, and the nature of the base ingredients can influence how quickly the wine clears up.

If your wine isn't perfectly clear after the suggested time, it's okay. You can give it more time to settle and clarify. You could also consider using fining agents or clarifiers, following proper instructions.

Remember, winemaking is a blend of art and science, and each batch might have its unique characteristics. As long as the taste is good and the wine is showing signs of progress, you're on the right track.

Best wishes for your first winemaking experience,
Ahmad

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back