First Time Making Blackberry - Sweetness Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinividivici

Reaction score
I'll be using an Oregon Fruit Puree and would like to have the finished product with a slight residual sweetness. We prefer dry reds, but with this Blackberry wine we want to have a semi-sweet without too much cloying.

I'm doing a one gallon batch, so is there a formula to add sugar to achieve the end goal? Do I back-sweeten just before bottling and stopping further fermentation?

Thanks.

Bob

Go to wine makers tools on the home page.
Click on Calculators, Wine logs and yeast charts
Clck on Conversion Calculators and helpful tools by Wade.
Click on Fermentation Calculator.
You should be able to figure out your sugar needs from there.
Good luck, Arne.

blackberry dilemma

hello:mny

a small batch like that is hard to direct,heres a thought /I would buy a quart or smaller of fresh blackberries,hand squeeze them directly into the wine(remove a small amount of the liquid first to accommodate the berries) let it set for 2weeks-:mny stabilize and back sweeten to your taste,::mny

Thanks, Jon, but no f-pack in the kit. Any idea how much to backsweeten on a one gallon batch for a final ~ 5% RS?

Depends on how sweet you want it.

Measure your SG - use the WineCalc to determine how much sugar to add.

Take the measured SG - and input a target SG - input the volume you are making - then select your conversion to use (grams, ounces, #'s, etc)

Latest posts

Back