First time grape growing questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ogderp

Junior
Reaction score
I just ordered a Barbera and Cabernet Sauvignon vine and I'm planning on making my own trellises for them in my backyard. My main questions were how often and how much I should water them since I've heard that over watering can easily kill them, it usually gets pretty hot here in the summer (mid to high 80s and 90s). The other question I had was about keeping my roots safe from gophers. We used to have 1 or 2 gophers in our backyard and I'm not sure if they're still around or not, but just in case I was thinking of doing this method that I learned awhile back where you line the hole with chicken wire to keep the gophers out, would this work or is there another way of protecting from gophers? My last question was regarding trellis wire, I found some multipurpose galvanized steel wire that looks like it would work, but I wasn't sure. Is there a certain type of wire that I need or would that work?

Latest posts

Back