First pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought my pee was stable. I added my sugar and it started to bubble a little in the airlock. Should i do something to stop it?

Did you add the sorbate and sulfite before adding the sugar? If so, (and your sorbate isn't so old it's lost its effectiveness), the bubbling you're seeing shouldn't be due to fermentation. Sometimes, when you add sugar and stir, it agitates the wine which encourages the release of dissolved CO2.

Wow its been awhile since i started this thread. I bottled my pee yesterday and much like danger dave i was dissapointed with the initial sampling ...... seemed harsh and rather acidic even after backsweetning . The wife and i opened a bottle tonight while bbq'ing just to see if letting the wine breathe would help the flavor along. we also noticed a different smell right away and were pleasantly suprised at how much the flavor seemed to have mellowed litterally overnight. we ended up drinking two bottles between bbqing and eating dinner tonight. I will deff. be repeating this recipe in the near future but i dont think i am gonna bulk age it so long next time (approx 6 months since last racking) just to see if i can cut the production time down and achieve the same results. I will post pics in the near future if i can :) Thanks again Lon and Dave!

Glad to hear it turned out so good. Better get another going! I think you can cut the production time down. Some folks have made Dragon Blood (or some variation of their own) in just two weeks. You might want to shoot for something inbetween, though. :)

Latest posts

Back