First label: Argentine Malbec

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasv

Reaction score
Here's the brief blog post about it:

http://tintoverse.com/blog/444/winemaking-first-label-design

But if you just want to see it, here it is
smiley2.gif

40.png

I'm not sure whether to print on a label (if there's a 3"x4" label) or whether I should just print on paper... it's a first for my wife and me... your tips are welcome
smiley4.gif

It's great! Clean and crisp! I am a fan of black and white labels too.

As for label paper, I use a bright white printer paper, cut them out, and apply with a glue stick. The labels stay put but soak off in warm water in about 3 minutes so removing them is simple.

nasv,

Very Nice!! It will look so classy with a back shrink also. You havemade a fantasticlabel !!!!
Use printer paper, Joan is right. A little extra work cutting them out (I just use scissors) but worth it!!

Ramona

I use the free label template that you can download into Micr. Word from Avery labels website which is 4" x 3.33", 6 per page. I then print them onto Georges pre-gummed label paper which stays on good even in my cellar and soaks right off with some hot water.
<table ="Catalog" id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="table" align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">4578 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5C4578_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

White Label Paper - 18 pk.

Natural Wheat Glue - 8.5" X 11". Can make up to 12 labels per sheet.</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$4.99</td>
<td width="2%">
</td></tr></t></table>The picture is wrong for some reason, I will PM George about the picture. He also has canary yellow and light blue.

Nico,

Have you tasted your Argentine Malbec yet? The label looks very sharp - nicely done.

I wanted to drop a little anecdote from last night regarding this wine - had 1/4 of a bottle that sat for two weeks as my fiance and I battled sickness. Last night while I was cleaning up some bottles, I was figuring I'd dump the resultant vinegar down the drain but took a chance whiff anyway and wasn't knocked off my feet. Amazingly, even with that amount of air and that time sitting idle, the wine was very good. It still had that mulberry and toast nose to it, with some cherry perking in as well. I was quite impressed with the staying potential, whether it's the wine, George's corks not letting any air in, or a combination of both.

I hope you enjoy the wine, my friend.

- Jim

Yeah! I have been tasting it as it evolves some... I am very impressed with how full-bodied the wine is and with the overall mouth-feel. This is my first kit, and the overall flavor profile is impressive... I'm happy so far. I need to pump out a little bit more gas, but it should be a happy wine.

Thanks for the feedback on the label!
-Nico

Try onlinelabels.com they have a great FREE label maker and you can make all sizes of labels ready to print in pdf format

Latest posts

Back