First Batch Of Wine Completed (Pictures)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good!

Not sure I agree with your choice on closures. I would recommend that you try to seal the next batch using natural corks and no wax. I think you will find that the wine will age much better.

Last edited:
Thanks alot everyone.

The variety is as Doug said, a variant of Welches. It's a "Vitis Labrusca" or Concord Grape. But yes a much higher quality juice then Welches by far.

Yeah I bought a solid brass wax stamp off E-bay. I was going to hand carve one out of lime stone, but the weather has been hectic here in Ohio haha.

Very nice. I'm curious if I read the bottle right what is the ABV of the wine?

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Nice job, I use natural corks, But the idea of using a screw top and dipping it in wax was awesome. I cannot think of any reason that will no keep well. Thats a real cool idea. Some real nice wines have started using screw tops.

Last edited:
Nice looking wine, and rather ingenious on the tops with wax. Please let us know the wine ages.

It's ruffly 12.6% ABV.
And thank you everyone. I will be sure to let everyone know how the aging goes. Even as of now the wine tastes really good, so I'm very excited to see what a little time does. In the mean time I think I'm going to try beer brewing next lol.

Now I feel like stupid I didn't see the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back