first batch of skeeter pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great beardy. You will be amazed at how much smoother/mellower it is in a couple of months, if you keep it that long.

Let sit for a couple to 3 months. The tartness will go away. This wine will improve the longer it sits in bottle. Cheers

LOL never had skeeter pee last 3 months...people actually age skeeter pee?

I've aged 10 months and was rewarded for the wait, if only I could keep my MIL outta my stash. :)

My first batch, I bottled 5 bottles and dumped the rest...none to happy when I realized what a little aging would do for this "quick drinker". I still drink it young sometimes but time brings out an awesome fruityness. (If that's a word) :) Hide a bottle or two for about a year, I bet you start aging it too.

I ferment my pee to 5%, cold crash, sorbate/sulfite once its clear, back sweeten, add fresh squeezed lemon juice, clear again (never really truly clears after the real lemons just gets slightly see through) and then force carb. I don't see how that stuff could last for a year.

It's my go to grass cutting gun shooting movie watching beverage that I drink with my wife by the mug and growler.

I ferment my pee to 5%,
It's my go to grass cutting gun shooting movie watching beverage that I drink with my wife by the mug and growler.

That's a good reason to keep the ABV down a little lower... so one can drink a little more of it during those good times.

I did my batch at 10% ABV. Does the acid seem a little more bitie when the ABV is 5%, rather than at 10%? I would think it would, since the balance will have changed.

Latest posts

Back