First attempt

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivebk

Reaction score
I have read alot about Skeeter Pee. It sounds like a good summer drink.My question is this..... I am getting ready to make a wine from scratch that I call Cherry Zin. It's ingredients are...... Blackberries, blueberries, Cherries & Welch's 100% frozen Concord conc. Will the slurry from this make a good skeeter Pee????? :a1

BOB

I have read alot about Skeeter Pee. It sounds like a good summer drink.My question is this..... I am getting ready to make a wine from scratch that I call Cherry Zin. It's ingredients are...... Blackberries, blueberries, Cherries & Welch's 100% frozen Concord conc. Will the slurry from this make a good skeeter Pee????? :a1

BOB

Should be a good combination. BTW, it is tough to make a bad SP!!!!

My Cherry Zin finished up and I got a batch of Skeeter Pee started. I followed all the directions except I increased batch size to 6 gallon. and I threw in the strainer bag with the contents of my other batch.
It was fermenting within 2 hrs of adding the slurry.

Never have tried Skeeter Pee, but I think it's gonna be GOOD !!!!

BOB

Bottled today

I bottled my first batch of Skeeter Pee this morning. I bottled it in 1/2 gal jugs

Here are some pics

DSC_0617 (Small).JPG

DSC_0623 (Small).JPG

DSC_0625 (Small).JPG

DSC_0627 (Small).JPG

DSC_0632 (Small).JPG

DSC_0622 (Small).JPG

We had a little left over, so I chilled it down and let the #1 wine critic of the family (my wife) sample it. She wanted to chill a bottle down and invite guests over!!! I guess that means it's GOOD!!!! I used a bag of fruit and the slurry from a batch of wine that had blackberries, cherries, and blueberries in it.

BOB

Latest posts

Back