Finished chocolate salted caramel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey fellas, may I ask what brands of kits you guys are using here and where to find them for the coffee port and the salted caramel port? They sound great! Would love to give them a shot!

Sorry no one ever got back with you on this. My kit was from Wine Expert.
They have different flavors that come out every year.

So, I've got my Chocolate Salted Caramel Port up on the countertop, ready to be bottled tomorrow.
We took one more taste of this for quality control. This one is incredible. The smell is amazing.
The taste is smooth and delicious.
We aged on a vanilla bean and some oak. I really think that smoothed it out quite a bit.
I was going to give this out as Christmas presents....I'm not sure anymore...

eta: I started this one on 10-12-15, so it is exactly 1 year old. Wow, the difference between 3, 6, and 12 months is astounding.

@Jericurl
That's the one I should've purchased instead of the RJS Vanilla Fig.
We'll see....

@Jericurl
That's the one I should've purchased instead of the RJS Vanilla Fig.
We'll see....

I didn't purchase the Vanilla Fig and I wanted it. If I find one floating around I'm probably going to snap it up.

Did you start yours already? Thoughts?

Yes, still fermenting but almost done at 1.010
I'm not very sure if I'm going to like it but we'll see...

I did a double batch of this last year. At bottling, my wife asked me to get another double batch going, which I obliged. We have two bottles left from the first batch, and all 30 from the second. We've been very pleased with this kit.

I didn't purchase the Vanilla Fig and I wanted it. If I find one floating around I'm probably going to snap it up.

Did you start yours already? Thoughts?

Maybe we can have a trade down the road :h

Latest posts

Back