WineXpert Finally

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyjo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, After getting through the holidays and managing an active 17 month old, I finally got to start my second kit.
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif
My Reisling was a big hit at Christmas. This kit is a VR Italian Pinot Grigio. Starting SG was 1.082, which was just on the border of being too high and the Temp was 72. Lid in place and I am anxiously waiting to see if the bubbles start in the next 24-48 hours. I am sure I will have a ton of questions this time too but now I know where to go. Thanks in advance for your support and help and I am going to try to post pictures this time.
Cindy

One of the reasons I like starter bottles is that the activity start very quickly.

Welcome back Cindy and glad to hear you are back to making wine instead of just listening to it with a 17 month old...
smiley36.gif

Good luck with your wine cindyjo..keep us Posted on it's progress.

I rehydrate my yeasts before pitching, they take right off within hours you can see activity..no waiting and wondering..

Your temp is good. You ought to have some fermentation by tomorrow. That kit is the first one I ever made. Besides my crappy racking skills and racking a little sediment at bottling, it is a fine kit. Particularly for the price.

Smurfe

The VR Pinot Grigio was my second kit. I loved it. It didn't last long. If you like the Reisling you are probably going to love this one too.

Welcome back Cindy.Look forward to seeing your progress on this one and pictures are always enjoyed.

I have been lurking for the past several months so I have kept up with everyone's news. I am really excited about this kit as next to the Reisling this is my favorite wine. I like sweet whites. I also recently bought a Viogneer (sp ??). also white. Will start that when I bottle the PG or buy a second carboy
smiley36.gif
. Christina, the 17 month old already has pulled the airlock off the fermentor. AHHH Parenthood, this is why I need the wine. Thanks for the support. Will keep you all posted

Great idea with the superglue. I have baricaded the fermentor under the kitchen table and the baby is now staying away from it. It is bubbling like mad and the kitchen smells great. I cannot wait for my next SG reading so I can have a little taste. I am taking someone's advice to have a taste at every step so I can get use to what the taste should be like. That is a good excuse anyway.

This was my first kit. I messed it up pretty bad, but was able to salvage it with help from the forum. My wife poped the cork on the last bottle (which I was unaware of)a week ago when we had friends over.
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

It turned out to be awsome, especially for my first try...

Hey Cindyjo,

I made a VR Pinot Grigio (not the Italian) and I must say it came out very nice. Needs a little bottle age (only bottled for a month now) but still very good. Good luck with the wine.

Back