Finally ready to make wine!Equipment one stop shopping??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpdranc

Reaction score
Finally going into year 4 in Indiana with 120 vines, ready for first attempt at making wine!
Where is a one stop shop to buy everything I'll need to make one red one white?. Just a blended red for 93 vines (Noiret, Corot Noir, Marquette, Steuben) 27 vines for white(18 Traminette, 9 Brianna)

Not sure on high or low end what kind of crop I'll get from 120 vines as far as what I will need? Any advice appreciated!

Think that you won't neccessarily find the best prices by sticking with just one seller. You can get a starter kit (No Juices just basic equipment and chemicals for about 10-15 gallons of wine OR probably best to just piece it out. Most starter kits are going to cut corners on something like test equipment or containers. I believe somewhere on here there is a thread where this question has been asked before and you can find a good list of the things you need.

This link shows Marquette and Noiret yielding about 8kg/vine in New York. Traminette is 12-20#/vine. You know your vines better than we do, but I'd have to assume 10#/vine on the low end, possibly closer to 15#/vine if grown well.

That's a helluva first attempt. You're talking about 100 gallons of wine.

Just a thought - do you know any other winemakers? Maybe you cut a deal - keep and learn on 200-300 pounds and they vinify the rest for you the first year in exchange for part of the yield. That let's you practice on a smaller scale and ensures you get some wine back for your hard work.

Latest posts

Back