FINALLY! First whiz fermenting like crazy. I think montrachet = bad for whiz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishNiX

Reaction score
It's been almost 10 days since I started the pee (with a starter)... been whippin' like crazy, keeping it warm and basically no change in SG.

Well I started a chili wine with a welches, black courant, and apple juice base 2 days ago and by yesterday it was on the move somethin' fierce.

I looked at my sad lookin pee and back at my fizzy bucket of love and figured what the heck. I took a couple squirts of that must in a baster and added to the pee figuring I was near making a new starter anyways. Today is like a whole new day, the whiz is fizzin'!

:try

BTW, I think whiz + montrachet = bad (I've had it in my fridge for about 3 months and wanted to use it). The Lavlin 71B-1122 is a mover and a shaker for sure. (Looking back, I probably should have reversed them).

You are right, Montrachet is a yeast that needs a lot of nutrient to do what it nees to do and pee is about as far from that as possible.

Now my problem is I can't get a good SG reading... it's too fizzy! ;)

nuttin worse than a case of fizzy whiz..... well I guess it's better than what you had before... a weak leak.
smile0015.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back