WineXpert Finally bottled...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Port

Reaction score
Well, finally got my two kits bottled. A WE Meza Luna Red and a WE Riesling. At bottling, the Riesling tasted a little watery, is that normal? I have to admit something, I actually enjoyed bottling all 56 bottles over two days! Call me crazy but it was fun, the corking could be a pain in the rear sometimes but still enjoyable. Here are pictures of the two, the Riesling still needs a label, if it turns out alright I am going to give a bottle to each of my attendants in my wedding in June and it will be labeled with a wedding theme, Otherwise it will just get a regular label. Already looking for my next kit, any suggestions? I am thinking of WE Bourgeron Rouge.....

2006-01-29_141801_CIMG2275.JPG

Big Port,

The wine looks great
smiley32.gif
. I actually enjoy the bottling part the best (call me crazy
smiley5.gif
)

Not sure how well you like fruit wine, but have you ever thought about trying a scratch wine with raspberries, blackberries, or apples? Makes some wonderful wine. I made a cranberry that I'm bulk aging right now that is very similar to a red grape wine. Lots of folks on this forum are making mead as well. The options are many. Edited by: pkcook

Yeah, I have thought about it. I have 2 gallons of scratch cherry in secondary clearing right now, 1 gallon of Clementine, 1 gallon of banana, a gallon of garlic cooking wine and 5 gallons of Vintners Harvest cherry.
smiley17.gif
I started the kit wines after I realized how long the fruit wines take to become drinkable.... also started beer. :) I have a really small closet in my apartment packed wall to wall with buckets and carboys.
smiley36.gif

Congratulations BIG PORT
smiley32.gif
...is it the Nectar of the Gods you promised her????Edited by: Northern Winos

All that in an apartment? Wow, and I thought I was cramped with my little corner of my basement
smiley17.gif
. The garlic cooking wine sounds very interesting. I am going to start a jalapeño as soon as Wal-Mart gets some decent looking peppers. Let us know how the garlic turns out. I have 9.5L of cherry clearing, 5L of cranberry clearing, 6 gallons of Concord in a primary, and just started a gallon of blackberry. I believe I was telling you about a cherry concentrate a few weeks ago. The concord I'm making is froma concentrate from the same company. Iordered another pint of the cherry to sweeten this batch.

As far as a kit goes, have you tried a shiraz? This has become my favorite of the big reds.

Hey NW, well, Nectar of the gods it's not, not yet. <?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:image></v:shape> I am hoping it ages nicely, the Riesling is slightly watery now, hoping that ages out. The Meza Luna is close to the Nectar I promised her. I keep her pretty numb with the beers so she is content and pretty understanding.

pbcook, hard to believe the mess I have in that closet. The garlic wine is something I am really looking forward to, the future wife and I both love garlic so I am eagerly anticipating bottling that one to use in some recipes. Word to the wise on that one, make it in the summer when you can keep the windows open, it really smells strong of garlic. Anyway, here is a pic of my closet, it's pretty cramped.
smiley36.gif

2006-01-29_193647_CIMG2277.JPG

Looks great...fuller than your first shot of your closet/winery.....Your closet run'ith over.
smiley4.gif

Look at all that space for bottles of wine haaaaaaa. I love reilsing. after u make a few batchs try to use like wine to top up when the kit says to do it. I use no water after the prim. I have made a batch of white and red scrafical wines just for topping off. The only problem with the scrafical's theyhave some age on them and are tasting pretty good. Have to make sure not toping off with something that tastes bad. and of course have fun. I too lose my self in the racking starting bottling labeling and later tasting this stuff you make. HAHAHAHAAAAAAAA.. You cook your food and drink your made wine. I think the wine and food taste better. And wait till the holiday's let the good times roll. IF space becomes an issue 1.5 ltr bottles work also. Floor corker from Geoge is a good investment.

Big Port,

If that garlic wine turns out well you'll need to give us the recipe. Post it on Martina's web site. I really love garlic and would love something like that to cook with, would be great to deglase my pot of tomato sauce with.

Steve

Brandst said:
Big Port,

If that garlic wine turns out well you'll need to give us the recipe. Post it on Martina's web site. I really love garlic and would love something like that to cook with, would be great to deglase my pot of tomato sauce with.

Steve

Grow lots of garlic...need recipes!!!

I will be sure to let you know how the garlic wine turns out,My fiancée and I both love garlic so I am hoping it’s good. It smells pretty good, It’s only got about a month left and it should be ready to bottle and from what I understand, you can use cooking wines right away.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Latest posts

Back