filling bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a bottle filler? Most fillers you fill right to the top of the bottle with the filler touching the bottom because they are spring or gravity fed and once you pull them out they leave a perfect head space.

A good rule to use ace is two fingers width between the wine and the bottom of the cork.

Those little filling wands are great....Perfect head space every time and they are so cheap....

<TABLE id=products borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center border=1 ="Catalog"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=default width="2%" ="table">
<DIV align=center>4875 </TD>
<TD width="5%">
<DIV align=center>
2218_sm.jpg
</TD>
<TD width="20%">

Bottle Filler Fast Flow, 1/2

</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$4.99</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$4.99</TD></TR></T></T></T></T></TABLE>
<TABLE id=products borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center border=1 ="Catalog"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<DIV align=center>4861 </TD>
<TD width="5%">
<DIV align=center>
2218_sm.jpg
</TD>
<TD width="20%">

Bottle Filler Fast Flow, 3/8 inch

</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$2.99</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$2.99</TD></TR></T></T></T></T></TABLE>
<TABLE id=products borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center border=1 ="Catalog"><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<DIV align=center>4866 </TD>
<TD width="5%">
<DIV align=center>
4866_sm.jpg
</TD>
<TD width="20%">

Spring Bottle Filler 3/8"

</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$2.99</TD>
<TD width="2%">
<DIV align=right>$2.99</TD></TR></T></T></T></TABLE>

We have used both the spring loaded one and the gravity one and preferred the gravity flow...Some times the spring sticks....

Look under bottling in the Fine Vine Wines catalog.Edited by: Northern Winos

yes were using a spring loaded bottle filler. and the instructions dont mention this? and had no unopen bottles to comare. now just have to print the lables. thanks

I use the sping loaded as this came with my starting kit and it does stick every once and a great while while you are tapping it to get the perfect fill, not very often but it does happen.

Ace, I use the "Wade" method. I eyeball two finger width space.

Back