Fermentation Tub

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celladwella

Reaction score
Hello fellow wine makers. I scored some nice used equipment this weekend including a S/S c/d, a basket press some demijohns and a fermentation tub. I’ll post pictures. Also, the gentleman I bought them off of has more of
The tubs different sizes I bought a 350liter, and fermentation tanks. He also is trying to get rid of his testing equipment since he’s no longer taking part in the hobby. Let
Me know if you want his contact info. Anyway my question is the red fermentation tub has about a 1 7/8” hole what would you recommend using to plug it?
The person selling it is in New Jersey
View attachment 51161

Last edited:
Gonna go out on a limb here. But I think I may have cracked the case!

North Jersey wine equipment for sale
https://www.winemakingtalk.com/index.php?threads/North-Jersey-wine-equipment-for-sale.66713/

Btw that hole is meant for a spigot valve. You can buy one specifically made for that sized hole. They also sell little filter cages to secure on the inside to prevent clogging. Attach some tubing to the spigot and you’re ready to siphon out your wine off the skins! (Sucker probably gets clogged very easily I bet)

Btw Cella, if I recal correctly you made a Tuscan blend last year similar to mine. How did it turn out?

That’s him firefighter Bob nice man gave me a bottle of his Pinot Noir. Update on my Tuscan Blend turned out really nice. I purchased some bourbon barrels from an upstate distillery they were cheap and put it in there been starting to drink it. I was trying to avoid buying a spigot don’t want to do that since I heard it clogs. Was thinking of maybe something like they use for Rain barrel but not going to use spigot.

See picture I posted.

Last edited:
Back