Fast-Ferment Conical Fermenter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoshi

Junior
Reaction score
I have used the Fast-Ferment for beer, but want to use it for wine. There's going to be a lot of head space. Should I be concerned? Or should I purge with C02?

Not going to be a problem during the primary ferment.. Once the ferment slows down you will probably want to transfer it to a carboy to finish out. Arne.

Not going to be a problem during the primary ferment.. Once the ferment slows down you will probably want to transfer it to a carboy to finish out. Arne.

Hi Arne - The point of the Fast Ferment is to leave it in the vessel for primary and secondary. Are you saying that moving it out would be better?

If it was airtight, it would be a great fermenter. Too bad one of the biggest complaints is the top gasket and lid leak.

Hi Arne - The point of the Fast Ferment is to leave it in the vessel for primary and secondary. Are you saying that moving it out would be better?

When it is done fermenting and done producing co2 I would put it in another container that limits the headspace on it. This is just the way I would do it. Arne.

Latest posts

Back